Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Very Special Gift

Family and friends have been beyond generous and supportive of Clint and me as we have welcomed our new baby into the world. We've been almost smothered with gifts, cards, and prayers over the past six months or so! One of the most special gifts we received is this handmade quilt from my very dear friend Sharon.
The quilting and binding are all hand stitched, and Vivian's full name is beautifully embroidered in one corner. There is so much love and friendship in each of those individual stitches and in each piece of fabric chosen that I was overcome with emotion when the quilt arrived in the mail and I tore into the package. Viv is so lucky at have such a wonderful auntie, and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful friend!

Vivian (when she was a newborn) is obviously quite content wrapped up in so much love.

The beautiful hand stitching of her name
If you love the quilt as much as I do, you should check out Sharon's portfolio. I can guarantee it'll blow you away. She's one of the most talented and creative people I know, and her portfolio perfectly represents her unique style and skill!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!!! That is just beautiful and I was blown away just looking at all of Sharon's amazing pieces!!!
Sharon,
You should come to the farm!!! There were half a dozen sewing machines here when I arrived, including the ones that don't need electricity-you know- pedals... and sheds full of yarn and fabric and an old shed that was devoted to sewing and quilt pieces and so much more. I think you'd like it here;)

Love to you both!!!

Sharon Telschow said...

Oh Lizzard, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so lucky to have you as a dear friend. Jess' photos are just beautiful!

***Melissa what a super sweet stash! I will have to come visit someday!