Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday Carrot Cake

Today was my father-in-law's birthday, so I made him this lovely carrot cake from 101 Cookbooks, and Clint and I surprised him with it earlier tonight. This is not your typical carrot cake recipe. I would say it's more like a bread with frosting, but I really liked it. (It wasn't so much Clint's taste though.)
The star ingredient: pretty rainbow carrots

All the different mixtures ready to be combined

The final conglomeration, ready for the cake pan
The finished product

The man of the hour was surprised by the cake, and a good time was had by all. It's nice to live close to some family and to be able to share simple things like a birthday cake together.

As a side note, I must admit that I'm struggling with inspiration on the food front. The daily question of what to eat seems more and more daunting each day! I would love a new cookbook. My favorite cookbook is Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair, but I've made almost everything I want to make from it. What are your favorite cookbooks? Share some inspiration with me please!

No comments: