Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Color!

We have been in our new place for a week now, and the home improving has been nonstop! It's been such fun! One of the things I've been most looking forward to is painting this place. Much of it is covered in horrendous wallpaper, and the rest just needs to be spiced up a bit. Yesterday, I painted the wall behind our fireplace purple basil. Yes, purple basil. I had no choice but to choose that color simple because of it's delicious name. Can you blame me?

Here is the best "before" picture I have. You can just see a little bit of the fireplace on the right, but it does give you a good view of that terrible wallpaper. (I've already started demolishing it and have plans for the wall color to include a paint called "guacamole.")

And now for the "after." How delicious is that color? And I love how it makes the bonsai tree stand out. An orchid would be perfect on the other side . . . Clint is still going to mount the speakers and make them wireless, but you get the idea.

Stay tuned for more improvements!

2 comments:

Maggard said...

That purple basil rocks! I love it!

Lizzie said...

I knew that would be right up your alley Maggy :)