Friday, September 30, 2011

CSA Dinner


Last night my goal was to make good use of as much of my CSA produce as possible, and this is what happened. I thought it was going to be gross, but it was quite delightful! On the left there are Simple Braised Greens with Garlic. I made them with toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds. Yum! At the top of the plate is Roasted Sweet Potato and Rocket Salad, my new favorite way of eating arugula. And bottom right are some lovely Zephyr summer squash. If you've never had a Zephyr, go find one! They're so good! I just brushed them with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, and stuck them in the oven till they were cooked through. Simple and delightful. Almost this entire meal was local and fresh, and it was completely plant based whole foods. I think it offsets the nasty candy I ate yesterday . . .

Later today I have my first pickup of the second CSA we're trying here, Full Moon. I'm excited to try something new, but also sad to be done with Roots Farm for the season. They've been good to us. I'll be sure to share about the veggies we receive!

No comments: