Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sleepless Night

Well, I woke up around 4:30 this morning and haven't been able go back to sleep. Thank you pregnancy. This is not an unusual occurrence these days. I've paid bills, worked on our budget, balanced the checkbook, caught up on blog reading, learned some natural remedies, made a grocery list, filled out a job application, etc. And now I'm going to share some random thoughts with you, my lovely readers.

Lately I've been positively drooling over Bastyr University. It is the "largest university for natural health arts and sciences in the US, combining a multidisciplinary curriculum with leading-edge research and clinical training." The author of my favorite cookbook, which I blogged about here, teaches there, and they offer a Master of Science in Nutrition and Clinical Health Psychology. What could be more perfect? The curriculum includes classes like Whole Foods Production, Nutrition Assessment and Therapy, Psychotherapy and Biomedical Conditions, and Nutrition and Pharmacology in Mental Health. In their Herbal Sciences program they offer classes like Herbal Preparations and Ethnobotany, and the university's Medicinal Herb Garden has over 350 species of Western and Chinese Herbs. Swoon.

But that's all in dreamland right now - I don't foresee a move to Seattle anytime soon! The present reality is that I'm almost at 24 weeks gestation. At this time in the pregnancy, Braxton-Hicks contractions are regularly massaging the baby, and I'm beginning to notice them too! We have also finally found some midwives - hooray! We had a consultation with them yesterday, and Clint and I both liked them, so we are finally set on a caregiver for this home birth. I can't wait for that day!

1 comment:

Maggard said...

Crummy that you couldn't sleep! But Bastyr sounds amazing...the classes look fantastic and it's in Seattle! A and I will certainly be visiting if you make it out there!