Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Monumental Day

I woke up to a text message from my best friend saying her water broke at 5 this morning! She is having a home birth too and was warming up a Moe's burrito to snack on between her surges :)  She's going to have a baby today! I'm so excited I can hardly concentrate on anything else. I can't wait until our baby's birth day, not only because I'm so completely excited to meet this little person, but I'm also selfishly ready to have my body back to myself - this little thing is taking over! I've been keeping up with my friends at Savannah Power Yoga and am itching to get back to the practice. Right now something about it really irritates my SI joint, and the prenatal classes bore me to death. I'm ready to sweat and push my body to its edge, but I guess that day will come soon enough. Until then, I'm enjoying the increasing movements and even the baby hiccups I started feeling yesterday.

Happy Birthday Baby Hanlon!!! You are already dearly loved and have been meticulously prepared for and prayed over. Welcome to the world - you've made it a better place already!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to hear updates!

Maggard said...

:) cannot wait until your monumental day!! I love your welcome note to her.. making me tear up.